Assignment (in this order)
1) Read the entire book of Colossians.
2) Review outline below.
3) Review lessons 1-18.
4) Answer study questions and be ready to discuss the passage in your small.
5) Write one sentence below to summarize what the book of Colossians is about.
6) Finally, be ready to share with your group the verse(s) from Colossians that impacted you the most.
Lesson 1 Introduction to Colossians
Lesson 2 Paul’s Thanksgiving for the Colossians Colossians 1:1-8
Lesson 3 Paul’s Prayer for the Colossians Colossians 1:9-14
Lesson 4 The Preeminence of Christ Colossians 1:15-20
Lesson 5 Reconciled to God Colossians 1:21-23
Lesson 6 Paul’s Mission and Ministry Colossians 1:24-29
Lesson 7 Paul’s Concern for the Church Colossians 2:1-7
Lesson 8 Jesus Christ, the Remedy Against Error Colossians 2:8-15
Lesson 9 Freedom from Legalism, Part 1 Colossians 2:16-19
Lesson 10 Freedom from Legalism, Part 2 Colossians 2:20-23
Lesson 11 Dead and Risen With Christ Colossians 3:1-4
Lesson 12 Put to Death the Earthly Things Colossians 3:5-11
Lesson 13 Put On the Things Above Colossians 3:12-14
Lesson 14 Let Christ Rule in Your Heart Colossians 3:15-17
Lesson 15 Godly Relationships Within the Family Colossians 3:18-21
Lesson 16 Slaves and Masters Colossians 3:22-4:1
Lesson 17 Devotion to Prayer & Behavior Toward Outsiders Colossians 4:2-6
Lesson 18 Final Greetings Colossians 4:7-18
1) Review lesson one, Introduction to Colossians. Number 5 in the questions asked you to state a summary sentence on the theme of the book. Now after closer study has your statement changed? In so, in what way? If it remained pretty close to you initial statement, what things reinforced your summary statement?
2) For the following verses, write down a sentence or title that you think explains the point of the passage.
3) What things have you learned from the following topics?
Thanksgiving and prayer
The Preeminence of Christ
How to live in God’s household
4) In chapter 3, you remember that Paul tells Christians to put off some things and put on other things. List those things in the following chart:
5) What areas of your life have changes since studying Colossians (thoughts, attitudes, opinions, behavior)? Explain.
What additional things do you need to continue pray for as a result of this study? How can your fellow believers help in supporting you in prayer and accountability (share this with your group)?